Monday, November 7, 2011

Vindy and Branam

I had a mostly pleasant conversation with Vindy the other night. She is a small Elven woman, an initiate of the Tribe, with aspirations to be an Arch Magistrix. She works diligently and has a friendly demeanor.

Recently, she became ill after testing a home-made potion intended to protect my sensitive vision when it is bright. She was cured by Jeh’k, the Frog Venom Troll, but was thoroughly soaked with water during the process. I offered her my cloak for warmth and she later returned it, repaired.

She told more of her engagement with Branam, an Orc warrior. I did ask a few questions regarding their relationship, to see if there was anything that warranted attention. I have a mild concern, as in public he is quiet, but privately he may be violent. I did not express this, though. I require a bit more observation. She and I joked a bit, and she teased that if she would consider me if she was ever inclined toward a woman. Wishing to dissuade this, I informed her that I was paired.

No other in the Tribe has expressed any interest in learning of my situation. No sooner had I stated it, though, than we were interrupted by a rude Forsaken, who appeared to be with Do’xian. On my account we changed locations and were joined by Branam, but once again were interrupted. A woman was regaling her drinking partner with tales of when she was a slave. I grew agitated again, and Vindy confronted the girl about speaking so openly, worried that I had been offended.

I should learn to hide my discomfort completely, to not disturb others.

No comments:

Post a Comment