Friday, November 18, 2011

Conversations

I enjoy making conversation, and believe that I am fairly skilled at it. It is very much like combat. There are attacks, dodges, re-directs and all manner of maneuvers in order to accomplish your goal.

The goal is not always to defeat your opponent, but often to bring pleasure to both. Or if you desire, limiting the amount of sensitive information you reveal, while obtaining as much as possible from them.

Not all enter into conversation with finely tuned weapons. One of the most skilled ‘opponents’ I have ever encountered is Anannia. As I told her last night, speaking to her is like fencing with someone that breaks all of the rules. It is challenging, and I frequently lose. But I enjoy it even if I am confused. She also made a request of me, which I may write of at another time.

Oh, and there may be another lady in the Tribe that is pregnant. If she is, she may not be aware, so I am hopeful that the Regent will explain it to her. Gently.

No comments:

Post a Comment