Thursday, November 24, 2011

Home

The Regent requested that Fizcrank and I accompany her to view several ruins in Ashenvale. During the journey, she mentioned that both Fiz and I were welcome to make our homes in Piki’alo, the place occupied by the Tribe.


I have no plans to accept the offer.  However, it did cause me to think on what a home is. And what it is not. The places I have lived in before were not. In Tirisfal, there were no well-wishes when I returned from a difficult labor. Maag was the only one who seemed happy to see me return alive. In Felwood, there was no pride and reward for creating a living space out of hard work. The place existed already. And it belonged to the the forest, which it made very clear.


But when I step into this house, and D.A. descends the steps to greet me, it is good. This place is where my rest is. Where the hearth burns merrily on a cold night. Where I hear the words: "Welcome home."


For this, I am truly thankful. And for my friends, who welcome me to the tree, and into their lives. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment