Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good Manners

There are times that I wonder if I am the only person in all of bloody Orgrimmar that knows any manners. Or rather, knows the proper way that a female should be addressed and treated in a public setting.

I also believe that it does not matter if one descends from a race reputed to be ‘savage,’ and the cultural norms vary. There is no excuse for lack of courtesy.

If she wishes to speak, be attentive, and do not interrupt her with your self-centered anecdotes.
If she wishes to sit, wait until she is settled before seating yourself.
If she steps to a door, open it and hold it for her before crossing through.
If she shivers with cold or is otherwise stressed, offer your cloak or any other assistance to improve her comfort.

A lady expects these behaviors. Or rather, she should if there were enough men in the world who understood basic civility. I must sound dreadfully old-fashioned and even archaic with these views. But as I value responsibility, so too do I value chivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment