Sunday, November 13, 2011

Viere

Viere is   was

My relationship with Viere was complicated. I usually describe it to others as though it was nothing unusual, and that we separated due to any differences that would normally split a couple. The genuine circumstances are difficult, and painful to explain.

He was a warlock. He had light hair and pale skin, and was quite handsome. But beneath his Elvish exterior he concealed that he was decaying, physically and morally. I suppose he could have been called a Forsaken, but all of the potions, spells and other tactics he used to preserve himself were used to great effect.

What he required most, though, was the need to feel alive. Wary of pain, any sensation that pleased him, he sought. Any tome or item that increased his power, he demanded. Anything that he desired, he received. All of this without regard for my needs or wishes. He was a terrible, selfish man. And I suffered with him for two long years.

Every time I set foot in Tirisfal, or today because it is today, I think of him.

Also ---- Happy birthday, Annjia.

No comments:

Post a Comment