Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tribe Membership

On a recent walkabout with the Regent, I raised the issue of joining the Tribe. Apparently there had been some discussion of it within her circle. She said that there were many that had shown themselves to be incompatible with the Tribe, for reasons she called “non-sensible.” Stubbornness, vanity, selfishness, and violence, were the primary symptoms. 

The violence, as I learned, was from those that deliberately deceived the Tribe’s trust in order to gain entrance, and then caused damage. Vipers in the wolf den.

She then asked if there was something particular that kept me at bay, or would I forever decline. I was evasive with my response, but she discerned my meaning. I do not join due to the one power greater than duty: love. I failed to explain this clearly to Urukha when I refused to leave home for poison treatment. Urukha’s response was quite colorful. The Regent here though, displayed calm.

To contrast with this, I watched an initiate of the Tribe, Aevelina, be made into a true member. Aevelina, as a note, is a female elf that has a lovely singing voice, and she performs often at the weekly Tavern gathering. She was placed in the center of the Tribal circle and given praise and recognition. She took those steps that I had refused. But before this, I had not seen anyone else finish the process. Vindy and Branam, for example, did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment