Sunday, February 26, 2012

Alone

Not all answers have come, but I pause to record what has occurred. Mira, the Lord’s daughter, spoke and indicated that she could commune with Mirtai yet within her body, and acknowledged that she did not belong among the living. Goodman Nathan, feeling strong attachment for her, protested, but she hushed him. D.A. offered a spell to let them cross over together. They embraced, and the incantation began.

For only a moment did this tender scene last. A dark voice descended on the house, and D.A. clung to my hand. It was not the shadow-spectre, which has been contained. It was something far more powerful and malicious. It disrupted the spell and struck D.A. senseless, right in my arms. Then it left. Mirtai, or Mira, whoever she was then, also fell. Nathan and I tried to rouse them but failed. 

Those hours that I sat with my stricken beloved, alone, unable to speak, unable to shield or comfort, were terrible. I feared that I would never again see those supernal blue eyes, and that unnatural sleep would endure forever. Darkness filled my mind.

But late in the night, my darling awoke. And I was not alone anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment