Friday, February 17, 2012

Curiosity

Curiosity is the compulsion that drives us to uncover information or items that otherwise may be restricted or guarded from us. It inspires ties with those we find interesting, or scheming on those that threaten. It can uncover rewards, or terrible truths, when applied to both friends and enemies.

Urukha seems to have a tolerable hold on her curiosity. Ironically, I am comfortable sharing more with her, because she does not pry into the ‘why’ of everything. Though she does remind me of her wish to meet my D.A. Westel, I am discovering, is nosey. If he spots something unusual, he asks, and is not easily persuaded to ignore it. He reminds me of Decie and Leahndri, though in masculine form.

Then, there is the Regent. Within her there is the difficult combination of desire and ability to extract information. We had a meal in the desert of Uldum (within a tent, otherwise I feel I may have melted from the heat), and when asked, she stated that the motivation behind the outings was in order to seduce me. Naturally, I protested and gave two very fine, valid reasons why this should not be. The first of which being that she, at that moment, was paired.

The second reason was that I am paired. Through deception she tricked me into admitting this clearly, and I was left off-balance for the remainder of the conversation. Where she acquired these techniques I do not know. Though, as in battle, it is good to enter exchanges with a superior opponent, so as to maintain a healthy amount of humility. And caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment