Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lunar Lantern

I had not paid much mind to the Lunar Festival, until I traveled to Moonglade to procure edibles and noticed that there were lanterns for sale. Enchanted with the purple variety, I then spent the remainder of the day traveling about the world visiting Elders and collecting tokens in order to obtain one. The Elders may have imparted some wisdom, but truthfully I was only thinking of my prize.

When I approached the merchant to purchase it, he refused and offered the red lantern instead. I insisted with many strong gestures that it was the purple that I desired, but he was stubborn. Disappointed and not wishing to create more of a scene, I bought the red and departed.

To Booty Bay I went next to see if the neutral goblins there would trade with me. Apparently, only the Alliance produces purple lanterns, while the Horde takes the red. The goblins also refused the exchange, but they were willing to offer one in sale for many thousand gold. I decided to not express my displeasure with violence, though it was quite tempting.

Finally, with night falling, I made a usual round about Elwynn forest. I spotted one of the lanterns above the door of a farmhouse, and immediately I filched it and replaced it with the unwanted red one purchased from Moonglade. The dogs caught my scent soon after and I fled for home. So there is now a farmhouse with mismatched lanterns in the front, but I have my prize.

Or rather, a gift for my beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment