Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Side Project

The Regent tasked me with a small matter. She wished initiate an exchange of literature with the library at Tyr’s Hand, where Nemeiah is the curator.

I calculate that one of the motivations behind the Regent’s request was to distract and keep me from fretting overmuch regarding her personal affairs. Truthfully, I do not mind if that is so. Sometimes it is best to keep a soldier busy, or else they begin looking for less constructive ways to express themselves. D.A. employs this tactic with me often when I am restless, in such a way that I do not realize it has been initiated until well into the task. Though I confess I do not mind that, either.

Nemeiah agreed to the literature exchange, and I learned that the Regent reads and speaks Common. I do not, of course. Nemeiah was gathering up appropriate texts, and the Regent has said that she will retrieve Shu’halo stories, translated into Orcish, in return. Nemeiah is quite excited to see them.

Or she was. I visited Tyr’s Hand yesterday and it was closed off, quarantined. The Bishop assured me that Nemeiah was undamaged, but declared that no one could enter or leave. This is a complication.

No comments:

Post a Comment