Friday, February 10, 2012

Goodman

I mentioned before that there was an intruder on my property that is in my barn. It began with simple happenings: things moved about the stalls, feed placed and tack cleaned without my knowledge of it. But after the storm, it took full form.

The barn is occupied by the ghost of a man that once worked for the Lord of this manor. When confronted, he became belligerent and drew spectral firearms on me, believing that I was trespassing. I did not wish to test whether or not he could actually inflict damage, and so left him in there. It appears that my protective wards, intended to keep beings like this out, have trapped him within. We call him “Goodman” for now.

If his simple presence was not adequately unnerving, he also believes that Mirtai is the daughter of the dead Lord. He refused at first to be convinced she was not. We brought her out to see him, and Mirtai clung to me in fear as he became distraught. He demanded to know why she did not recognize him. We withdrew to reevaluate and review the history of the property.

D.A. uncovered the Lord’s journal (at the expense of a few floorboards), and found that his wife was extremely ill. In order to save her, he made a deal with a demon. That demon healed her, and then killed everyone on the manor.

Alone, this story would be tragic. But the likely identity of the demon makes this a very real, very dangerous development. One that fills me with fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment