Friday, February 3, 2012

Spiritual Matters

Gom’jun delivered my letter to Nemeiah successfully and, as I was told, very politely. Nem wrote back and expressed that I was allowed to return to Tyr’s Hand, as the threat had not manifested in some time. Yesterday I traveled there to speak with her. I was quite anxious to do so, as another dizzy spell had taken me earlier in the day, in front of the Regent, no less. I sought answers.

Nemeiah was kind and gracious as always, and I gave to her a list describing what I had seen during these spells. She questioned what might have triggered them, particularly the more recent ones that seemed to last longer, stealing time from me.

To explain, a night-time storm at home had me concerned for the horses, so I set out at D.A.’s suggestion to monitor them. As I approached the barn, I was taken by dizziness and then woke near an hour later in the mud and rain. With the Regent, I stood still for over ten minutes, not responding to her queries. It is fortunate that I did not embarrass myself further by collapsing, I suppose. But this had never happened in Orgrimmar before.

After listening to my description, Nemeiah reaffirmed her belief that these were memories attempting to break free. We attempted to trigger one, to no effect. Then, quite by chance in the conversation, as I nearly toppled a candelabrum, another took me. I saw flames, and everything about was burning. It disturbed me, and Nem expressed her concern once I returned to consciousness.

I asked her what could be done, to prevent these from coming. She replied that it was much like a cracked dam, and with only two hands I could not prevent the barrier from crumbling. She thought it best to allow it to happen. I then wondered if it was really better, remembering. She did not know. But that is not a topic I wish to pursue at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment