Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crests

A few days ago I sat with Nemeiah in Orgrimmar, when a trollish friend of hers brought to her a shield that bore the crest of Lordaeron. At first, Nem would not accept it, but then changed her mind and agreed to take it as a trophy for Tyr’s Hand. Several of the inhabitants there lived in Lordaeron during life, and she felt it would be a good addition to their Hall of Arms.

I helped to transport it, being more designed to carry heavy items than she. It did require a bit of ingenuity to do so, because I do not utilize shields and have no proper harness for it. But we arrived in Tyr’s Hand without too much difficulty. The Bishop greeted us on arrival and seemed very pleased. The shield is in their Hall, awaiting a blacksmith that can fashion a proper mount for it.

Seeing both the Bishop and Nemeiah’s pride in the shield reminded me of the two crests I bear. Neither insignia is associated with an allegiance in life, as Lordaeron was to them. One is the mark of the Tribe on the talisman, and the other is the one that appears on the carriage, and my mask. Both I am rather proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment