Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Who I Am


For months now have I considered the proper course with regard to my past. Specifically, whether to pursue more knowledge of it. The flashes of images and scenes are most certainly fragments of memories, but I have not written of them due to the debate of whether or not to consider them part of myself anymore.

With death ended all formal and legal bindings to the life this body had. All titles dissolved. Any family I cannot seek because I do not remember them. Nor would they recognize me.

It is a subtle thing to identify oneself, and since beginning this existence I have introduced myself by only name: Annjia. This is the name given by Viere, and not by my mother. I know what name I was called while alive but it is not how my beloved or anyone else addresses me. It is one more orphaned piece.

My beloved wanted to fill this existence with “good things,” not simply to replace what came before. I conclude therefore that there is no reason other than curiosity and risk to pursue the past. What was, is gone. What is now, is what I have made.

I am Annjia.

No comments:

Post a Comment