Monday, August 27, 2012

Pompous


Nemeiah was damaged again. This time at Tyr’s Hand just outside the gate when it was attacked by an unruly pair. When I heard of it, the arrogant and sermonizing death knight Roeth had already mended her. Yet his demeanor was, as usual, less than gracious. Already aggravated, I asked Nemeiah (with Roeth nearby) whether anyone had tried to protect her. He took offense.

He had been involved in that fight and still she came to harm. I wanted to hit him with enough force to rattle his head inside that constant helmet he wears. But it would not do to strike the Bishop’s favorite suit of armor. Later I understood why he disliked the tone and severity of my query but at the least, he could have been more polite with Nem and accepted her thanks. I had retreated to the abbey.

She joined me in the library later and ably calmed things in her gentle way. I remarked how terrible it was that she sat and comforted me when she had been the one injured. But that is her nature and her gift. My talent of late seems to be a marked inability to do anything to assist her until after it has happened. She assured me that this was not so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment