Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dresses


At home and on specific occasions will I wear a dress. In private it is comfortable and to be truthful, both metal and silk appeal to me in equal measure. But in public armor is most often appropriate and what is expected.

I gifted to Nemeiah a few Gilnean gowns – petite in size in order to fit her - in case she had occasion to wear something other than her typical work garb. These dark, somber fashions I tend to prefer and the one she chose to show appeared well on her.

When I first returned from the shadow realm the Regent spotted me in a newer dress. It is grey and purple with interesting fastenings down the front. She seemed to approve of it but asked more than once whether or not I did. I thought the question odd; as though I could be forced to wear something I did not like.  At the Castle in the shadow realm I did not want to wear the blue raiment given to me, but calculated that the Lord would find it rude if I did not.

On a later outing with the Regent there was a gap to leap across and it was easier to accomplish this without all the weight of the armor. The Regent offered several comments regarding that after. I did not mind. Often the effect of wearing a dress is quite entertaining and rewarding. But outside of the home this is rarely sought.

Unless, as I mentioned, one is a guest at the Castle. I wish D.A. could have seen that dress. It made the dark-haired lady dislike me even more. It was a good dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment