Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Obligation


Gently I reintroduced the topic of the shadow realm to my beloved, for there is much more yet to tell of what happened. One obligation remains there. The one made to the Lord of the Castle.

I had agreed to bring myself and my beloved back to his home after a successful rescue from the Web. But the danger at that last moment was so extreme and immediate that I chose to escape with D.A. rather than fight to remain. I believe this was the only course wherein either of us would survive. But this prevented the immediate fulfillment of that agreement.

And other arguments tilt against returning. The foremost concern that my beloved still recovers and has no compulsion – naturally so – to return to that realm. Even voluntarily. But another is the worry of the danger in surrounding ourselves with that environment. The Lord was hospitable, but he is as I am. Yet, we could learn a great deal from him and his companions.

My beloved hesitated and asked for more time to think over whether or not to go. I agreed and promised that whatever was desired would be enacted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment