Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Caught in the Middle


In Orgrimmar several days ago, Kruega walked up to me unexpectedly while I was attending to business. We chatted and he explained that Urukha had urged him over.

He confessed that she had been in high dudgeon when she learned that he knew I had withdrawn as a Friend of the Tribe, and did not tell her. By not telling her he honored my request for discretion. But even before he knew, I had apprised Pip of my resignation and advised her to speak to Urukha, calculating that as mates and Elders they would communicate.

I was therefore baffled by Urukha’s anger. Until Kruega revealed that she had not been informed, and thought it solely her decision that I should be declared not a Friend of the Tribe. She announced it publically long after I spoke to the two of them. Yet she did not forbid interaction. That day in Orgrimmar Urukha insisted that he speak with me, as though to encourage the latter. But he had not even seen me, and thus had not greeted until she called attention my position.

So then, Kruega did not know what to do. And he believed her when she claimed she was not angry with him still. He even apologized for not approaching earlier. As though that was his fault.  

These are precisely the sort of confused circumstances that I intended to avoid by slipping away quietly. Kruega, like Nathan, does not possess the nature to thrive in the middle of others’ machinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment