Thursday, August 16, 2012

Castle Envy


When there was opportunity I mended ties with Nathan. We discussed the usual subjects such as the defense of the manor (he mentioned that there had been no sign of Viere or anything else unusual, which I was relieved to hear). I apologized for the impatient demeanor I presented when we spoke before. He replied that he did not take to surprises well, and hoped that there were no “hard feelings.”

Then we were able to discuss a new topic of business. I asked him to draw up a map of the buildings that once stood on this land. He consented. When I mentioned the conversation and request to my beloved my intent was perceived instantly.

I explained the motivation as “Castle envy,” which brought a charming laugh to my beloved’s lips. A desire to create something that demonstrates stability and stature. In this instance with architecture and the construction of at least one new building on the property.

My beloved asked to see what plans I had before they were solidified, and I agreed that it was best to earn approval before work begins. The entire idea seemed to please D.A. greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment