Friday, August 10, 2012

Home Drama


There are days when it is a struggle to conduct daily activities and survive undamaged. When I return home I expect it to be a place of calm and not a source of more contention. Mirtai and Nathan have now given me several headaches, and this is no mean feat for someone unliving.

I wrote some time ago about a meeting with Nathan wherein I indicated my views of him courting Mirtai. It was not a successful conversation and only managed to muddle things more. I suspected that Mirtai engineered the meeting for- I am not certain why she would, but she did. Nathan reacted badly to the deception. She had essentially cast him helplessly into my harsh and candid view.

He is a good and honest man, not made for such games. 

After I found Mirtai weeping one evening, D.A. told me what had happened. Mirtai had brushed aside Nathan’s concerns regarding the manipulation, and he then refused her advances. Being stubborn and being “very much a man” as my beloved phrased it (who knows a bit more about this sort of thing).

For one like Mirtai, it must have been very upsetting. She is not accustomed to being resisted thus. Her powers could always overcome any doubts; but she can no longer wield them.

I see also how her behavior irritates my beloved. We agree that it is not appropriate for us to interfere or intervene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment