Friday, August 3, 2012

Discerning Subtleties


After the awkward conversation with Nathan, Mirtai has shown her distinct talent in hiding. She appears to perform her tasks quickly when called, but not otherwise. If I am at all irritated she seems to know and is not to be found.

This may be due to my awareness that she manipulated that meeting with Nathan. But always has she been able to discern when it is best to disappear. Even when we were with Viere.

Though there is another woman displaying a few similar tendencies and this inspired confusion. Vivvienne returned from her vacation and approached me in Orgrimmar. She is heavily pregnant and I tried to give space and move to shade so that both she and the tiny one would be comfortable. Without drawing attention to it by asking formally or politely. But she interpreted this as repulsion or even disapproval of her condition. Her deferential posture reminded me very much of Mirtai.

I began to explain and she insisted that the tiny one was not uneasy. As for the other issue it is inappropriate to give opinion at present.

With Mirtai there is not significant concern because I believe her anxiety will pass. With Vivvienne however I am yet uncertain how to behave. It could be that my own ability to discern subtleties has been impaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment