Friday, June 1, 2012

Black Ambassador


This is what Za’zii called me some months ago when he was soliciting an appropriate nickname. Until now I have not mentioned it because I do not favor alterations of that sort. “Annjia” has always been sufficient. For reference, I nicknamed him “Professor” and Gom’jun added a “Grump” onto the end.

Due to the conversation recently with Urukha this moniker recurs in my mind. I did not write about it in detail here, only mentioning that she was difficult. She detected how deep my regard and concern was for Nemeiah (a rather acute determination solely from my calling her “Nem” rather than her full name) and then she would not relinquish the notion of helping. That is, if I involved myself to investigate the trouble.

The discussion transformed into a negotiation. Urukha demanded to be notified and brought to assist if I returned to the plaguelands. Which would potentially endanger Uru. But if I agreed to remain away from the plaguelands to keep Uru safe, Nem could not receive any advice or hidden aid from me. I could not tolerate this either.

In the end I removed myself from the bargaining without agreeing to any deal that would compromise my goals. That is why the Black Ambassador is an ironic title. My beloved, the child of a diplomat would approve I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment