Thursday, June 28, 2012

From the Realm of Shadows #7 - Monsters


The Wyrm made an appearance. Though I did not see it because the cat and I hid from it. It trembled the earth and when I asked what it did, the feline responded, “Eats.”

When the Wyrm passed the cat informed me that my beloved was most likely in “the Web” here in this realm. Why this particular place? It replied that it was because my darling used magic. And if my beloved was not already dead, they soon would be. This information renewed my energy.

The cat led across the plains for a time, supposedly having some business in the direction of the Web and allowing me to follow. But soon it spotted flying things in the sky above. We hid immediately but the monsters followed. The cat said that if we continued they would strike when we appeared weakest. Its plan was to wait until the fliers became bored of stalking us and departed.

I could not wait. I stepped from the hiding place and pulled one of them down and killed it. They had the wings of bats and faces like hyenas. The others descended- but the details of the fight are of no moment. I destroyed all of them.

Emerging, the cat commented in mild tone that we no longer needed to wait. I rather agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment