Saturday, June 23, 2012

From the Realm of Shadows #3 – My Guide


I walked for some time and descended into a canyon with jagged walls. While there I discovered deep grooves cut into the stone, terminating with an odd oval object. A voice startled me as I drew close to try to identify it.

The voice belonged to a cat. As ordinary in size as any other and completely black save for one white sock. It spoke politely but was a bit aloof (as I imagine any cat would if they possessed the power of speech). I asked who it was, and it thought I was silly for asking. It was a cat.

I introduced myself and answered his question as to why I was there. It said that I was like the shadows, but was not one. When I expressed curiosity it told me that it was there hunting lunch. Small rodents apparently, those too busy listening for “the Wyrm” instead of it. The cat identified that oval object as a giant scale. No offer was made to help me but when I asked about the shadows, the cat began to move.

Since then I have followed it, with little else said. Viere told me that I needed to find a guide, but to trust no one. Yes, that name was recorded accurately. I shall write on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment