Friday, June 15, 2012

Spear Practice


In anticipation of using the Soul Anchor during the fight with the enemy, I selected a few to request their instruction. Not with the Anchor itself – it remains on my desk – but a short, heavy spear. The one used for practice was given to me by Urukha.

Caelyssa led me outside of Orgrimmar to demonstrate how to hold the spear to balance while throwing it. She claimed that her skill was minimal but it was much more impressive than what I could display. We targeted a pile of supply boxes. One box was particularly robust. Later investigation (after it had been pulverized by blows) determined that it contained zhevra hooves.

Some days later I convened with Urukha and she and I traveled to Ashenvale to apply the lesson. Thinking of what I was training for overshadowed my concentration and I performed poorly. Urukha spoke to calm me, saying that it was not a matter of life and death, this little buck hunt. I was successful after that. Nathan in particular appreciated the result when I returned home.

But I cannot be flawed when the real hunt begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment