Friday, June 22, 2012

From the Realm of Shadows #2 - The Battle

I continue to reflect on the fight with the Nath’rezim, and calculate on how I could have erred so badly.

The strategy worked at the beginning. Nathan successfully drew the demon out of Viere’s Labyrinth. He hid behind a knoll and supported me with gunfire while I held the enemy’s attention. Early it was clear that I could not throw the Soul Anchor as I had learned to, because of how quickly he raised fel shields against bullets. I had to move closer.

I think it was my hesitation in those first few moments when he emerged from the underground that made the difference. But I had prepared for that moment. Mirtai told me what I should expect to see. But it still affected me.

Nathan was tossed aside like a doll. I finally closed the distance to the demon and Ruin cut at him, he grabbed me by the neck and sank his claws into my chest in an attempt to rip out my heart. I could not retaliate as he uttered grim intentions for both of us. Then my beloved was there. Rising behind the demon and in full manifestation of dark power, D.A. sank Whisper in between the enemy’s shoulders.

The demon pulled his hand from my chest and plunged it into my beloved’s. There was no armor mitigating the blow.

It afforded me the chance to impale the Soul Anchor into the enemy and smite him to the ground. The Anchor banished him perpetually from this realm. But when I turned and saw my beloved the victory vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment