Monday, June 25, 2012

From the Realm of Shadows #4 - Words


We met in Orgrimmar.

You were traveling home after a long day of working in that stuffy office. The head of accounts, you called yourself. You were dressed neatly and were very professional in your address. Even when you sat freshly bleeding from an attack. I protected you and took you away to a safe place.

I thought I knew what I was doing and what I wanted. You changed that. It was I who first expressed interest but you were the first to say those words. It was about a year ago, during the fire festival. I brought the festival to you by pilfering the floating candle-wreaths and putting them on our lake. One of the wreaths escaped and had to be retrieved by swimming. You liked the presentation a great deal.

A few things I said to you, and then you said those words. It was very confusing and some time was needed before they were answered properly.

You deserve to hear them again, darling. And infinitely many more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment