Friday, September 7, 2012

Zau'tal


Zau’tal is one of sons of Whiteclaw and inherited his sire’s distinctive ivory mane. The eldest son I have also met, and am not certain which in the order of offspring Zau’tal is. He is congenial and surprisingly trusting based solely on his father’s accounts.

Or, as he described it: it is wise to keep good relations with those who take a violent line of work. The son hunts in shadow with blade rather than claw. In Orcish it is called a “Scout” but the full meaning is more robust. He trains raptors, and complimented their intelligence and ferocity.

He asked also whether anything was wrong when noting that I had not been around the Tribe as much. When I told him that I no longer had the title of friend of the Tribe, his response was plucky, “If you know my father, then you know I do not care much for what is declared by others.” Or approximately that – it does not translate perfectly into this script.

He agreed to convey my greetings to his father when he next saw him. But Whiteclaw has not appeared for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment