Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Give Up the Past


I finally told my beloved of the decision to relinquish all ties to the past. This conscious resolution will not, I assume, prevent the intrusion of more memories, but the intention is to disregard them as they come.

D.A.’s response was surprise. I had not expected there to be any shock to it, considering how much caution was advised when pondering whether to pursue things that should not be known. But after assuring my beloved that the choice followed heavy thought, the much-desired support was extended. D.A. then requested that I not do anything that would prevent me from changing my mind.

After thinking more, I believe the real hesitation from my beloved emerged not from a personal concern for what I was giving up, but a reluctance to abandon pursuit of any knowledge (given that D.A. is naturally curious and disposed to research and discovery). But I am a bit more practical.

There is a last act that I will perform as a formal farewell to this discarded life. My beloved offered to be present, in the same way that we were together at the windmills when I renounced Viere. This should be less difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment