Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Changing Mantle


The Regent has decided to doff the mantle of leadership for the Burning Tusk Tribe. She described it as “moving on,” in such a subtle way that at first I did not understand the meaning. I had thought she simply implied moving physically from Piki’Alo, the tribal homeland. But it was more than that.

She did not give an explanation why, nor did I press after realizing what she was doing (truthfully I was so surprised I could not inquire). I do not know what she will do now. But I do not think that this will markedly change how we associate, apart from that I can no longer call her “Regent.” Except, perhaps, to annoy her good-naturedly.

When I mentioned the event to my beloved a few questions were asked, but few answers did I have to give. Westlynn always respected my privacy and the same courtesy should be extended in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment