Monday, September 17, 2012

The Letter


When I viewed the globe of memory (the gift from Great-Father Winter) and reacted poorly, my beloved agreed to take it from me to safeguard it in secret. I felt after that an explanation was owed, or at least an elaboration on the situation in order to assuage worry.

Having failed to speak effectively when first communicating the decision, I wrote a letter instead. I left it on D.A.’s desk in the evening and then departed to hunt. In it, I wrote of the two main reasons taken for not pursuing the past; and how that choice has not changed even after seeing more of it that last look. Those reasons were first: that I could calculate only grief would result of the search. And second: that I already have overwhelming good with my beloved.

Some hours later I returned home, for D.A. is not an early riser, and received an emotional welcome. What I wrote had been understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment