Thursday, September 27, 2012

Reoccupied


With Westlynn accompanying me I returned to Felwood and peered into the place where I once made residence. The motivation behind the visit was mostly curiosity, made achievable when she expressed interest in seeing the place some months ago. I did not forget the conversation, and would have referenced it had my presence been questioned by any forest dwellers. Her presence legitimized that.

No guardians did we encounter but the ruins were not empty. We descended to my room (I  liked it, it had candles lining a round walkway above), when I heard noises from deeper in. We retreated when the occupant appeared as a two-headed Wrath hound. I am not as proficient at moving silently as Westlynn, and feared that we would be discovered. Fortunately it did not spot us.

We exited the ruins and continued with another conversation, but only after I confessed irritation. The Elder treant had called me a corruption and wished me and my beloved gone from the wood, and now something worse resides in our place. I suppose I could be amused by the irony of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment