Tuesday, September 11, 2012

For a Better Future


The Regent Westlynn and I met for conversation some days ago. I missed the banter and challenge, and was rewarded with her unpredictable manners. Though she had changed her hair again and this always provokes comment.

There were a few moments of seriousness in our discussion though. Once in regard to her current state without the Tribe and another when I mentioned that my beloved had inquired after her. I did not offer specifics but the intent was not purely to extend greetings and courtesy. She seemed quite interested in that D.A. and I had discussed her.

As for the first topic, when Westlynn expressed some of her feelings I offered back the advice that she had given me just after I returned from the realm of shadow. And in addition, I made some trite remark about the continuity of life. The thought was not a well-formed or well-enunciated. But I understand the trials of change.

And the difficulty of leaving something – or everything – behind to do what is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment