Friday, July 13, 2012

Re-integration


When in the realm of shadows I asked the Regent to contact Nemeiah on my behalf. For the rest it seemed best to allow them to persist in their perpetual states. Unaware, and thus unconcerned by more than one definition. Now that I am returned it is difficult to attempt reintegration. And preoccupation with my beloved’s dire state eclipses any general desire to socialize.

The Regent found me in one of my favorite lurking locations (it happened to be particularly warm there which was why I paused) and we spoke for a short time. After our conversations over the talisman it is excruciatingly clear that things have changed. We did not interact with the banter that we used before; although this seems appropriate for now the lack of levity is my fault. She extended her support.

I wrote to Urukha also to inform her of my return and she said she would respect my desire for privacy, but also offered to assist if needed. This was not surprising.

Later I traveled to Tyr’s Hand to see Nemeiah. She was quite pleased to tell me of all that she had done during this time. I was content to listen. Her simple enjoyment of life contrasts with everything else at present and brought needed calm. And she let me keep this warm blanket.

But I am not yet ready to approach the others of my acquaintance in any large number or gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment