Friday, July 20, 2012

Bastard


I convened with Nathan and he reported that a small creature had been seen at the boundary of our land, fraying the wards. For obvious reasons he knows how to identify the signs. He had taken a shot at the intruder and to use his phrase, “may have winged it.” When I indicated the height of an imp he agreed that this was the size of it.

This means that Viere tried to breach my territory while I was away. I am displeased.

I bid Nathan to remain at the manor with his rifle ready while I searched for the bastard. It was not difficult to locate him hiding in a ransacked animal den beyond the border. Our exchange was not friendly, but we managed to be civil. He wanted Nathan punished for grazing him (he had actually shorn off a piece of Viere’s ear). I told him he appeared terrible. He rebutted that the beauty he created in me had faded.

We discussed business as well. I advised him not to agitate the huntsman – that is, Nathan – by avoiding my land while I worked to repay my debt to him. And I suggested that he not die before I was done. He replied that he would remain alive, if only to spite me.

I hate him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment