Saturday, July 7, 2012

From the Realm of Shadows #14 - Predators


Predatory beasts tend to require large territories in order to find food and support their offspring. If an area contains more than one predator they conflict and compete. Or if they are sensible, they leave each other be.

The Lord of the Castle and the Witch of the Web seem to fall into this second category. When he displayed the map to me and indicated where the Web was he included that no mention should be made of him or “his” should I encounter the Witch. And that he could not offer aid or any other information due to his own pacts.

While I note the concern it is difficult to ignore that the thought of venturing into the Web causes both him and the ladies discomfort. Although their fear was more evident than his. Except for the dark-haired one. She appeared pleased that I aimed myself toward certain destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment