Friday, July 6, 2012

From the Realm of Shadows #13 - One Condition


Truly I dislike those words because unpleasantness normally follows. But I must admit that I did not expect what the Lord asked of me. He granted leave to “hunt” in his territory and just beyond. He even showed which direction I should take to search for my beloved. And if I succeed, we are to return to his castle and be guests.

I have not yet decided whether to honor the arrangement but accepted it in the meantime in order to gain his assistance.

Remaining here would be interesting. Things are familiar. And a great amount of comfort could be (and has been) provided. A servant has been attending me and I have been polite to her. She seems appreciative though she is only shadow and cannot speak.

I understand the host a bit more now also. He had the opportunity and means to vanquish me for violating his borders and offered shelter instead. But I do not think he is to be trusted completely. He is like me. A protector of his family and lands. Though there is a cost for such domesticity that is not paid by the one in power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment