Thursday, July 12, 2012

Never Surrender


Do you remember the snow fight, darling?

"I have won," I declared.

"Very well, I surrender.” You smiled at me.

It was the conclusion of the prescribed play-time, after we had thrown packed balls of snow at each other. I had downed you and you lay beneath the tree. I moved close. And then you brought the snow from the branch above down upon my head. In a cold flurry, I was defeated.

You laughed and exulted. "Now, I am the victor!"

"Please remind me the next time, to not believe you when you surrender.”

"I never give up.” You smiled again and kissed me.

I ask your pardon for my directness, but I did not believe you would surrender to death either. And I beg you to forgive me for what I did in order to bring you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment