Thursday, July 26, 2012

Post-Trauma


In an enlightening exchange I described some of my frustrations to the Regent; in particular my interactions with Urukha and how badly those seemed to go. I did not detail the conversation with Nathan, or the series of letters with Caelyssa but my impatience evidenced with both.

The Regent said that I had experienced something traumatic alone. Like a soldier going to war. And then I returned home to those that were unaffected. These who would not (or could not) naturally understand my difficulty or plight because they had not endured it. Thus to me their concerns diminish. She admitted her own “daily pleasantries” that were so far removed from that trauma, but I replied that at the least she had not accused me of being a threat. And I have not been short with Nemeiah nor my beloved, to my recollection.

Ultimately, when I asked whether Urukha’s accusations or my stubborn resistance were correct, the Regent answered that it was time that would win. It will be sorted eventually. As with the letters to Caelyssa; a brief conversation with her adjusted some of the perceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment