Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Accusation


“I love you, Annjia, but I can’t tolerate my family being placed in any danger,” Urukha said.

I replied, “Then it is well that the Tribe is not involved, yes? All consequences I have directed toward myself.”

It was the first time we had encountered each other since my return and while her initial greeting was exuberant and indicated that she was happy, this reproach implied otherwise.

With the Regent attending to family affairs Urukha has been the steward of the Tribe and thus assumed general responsibility for the safety of it. This I understood. But in Orgrimmar when she asked what had happened, she appeared upset that I had no desire to tell her everything. And the little that I did say seemed to aggravate her more. She accused me of playing games with her when I became evasive and opaque.

The conclusion I gained from the exchange was that my presence, if not guaranteed otherwise could be considered a threat to the Tribe. She is a wolf bristling at the little black cat that sits outside the den. Urukha, though overeager to display her fangs, is trying to protect her pack.

And so I am I protecting my own by saying nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment