Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ponderings


Recent events prompt me to reflect on many things that I had ignored before, or had not considered.

The reality of monsters both vile and beautiful. How power entitles one to inflict suffering and to prey on others. The value of one person’s life. The price of happiness. What is weakness and what is strength. Why most are consumed with trivialities when others struggle simply to exist.

For now my thoughts are not yet assembled enough to speculate but in quiet moments they emerge. The words summoned for these topics do not adequately encompass them either. So I am withdrawn and unable to seek proper wisdom.

Furthermore I calculate others would find such reflections an inconvenient interruption to their static, easy states. No one intentionally thinks on heavy matters if it creates discomfort. For me the luxury of that complacency is shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment