Thursday, July 5, 2012

From the Realm of Shadows #12- Long Distance


I finally had opportunity to remove my armor in its entirety and discovered that I still possessed the talisman. To be truthful it had been forgotten. Many other considerations and calculations rampage through my mind and such a small thing was not among them. While a fully-fledged Tribe member might see it as an extension of themselves it never entered into my own processes without conscious effort. Always I preferred quiet.

When I was left alone I attempted to utilize it. To my astonishment the Regent replied. Though it was difficult to understand each other at first because the distance was great. Near the end of the conversation our voices were much clearer. It was as though the connection had been re-forged through use. Not unlike any relationship, I suppose.

As I had not expected success, there was little I desired to share with her. Her timbre was uncharacteristically direct and worried. She had returned home, which I was glad to hear. She also informed me that nearly all did not know that I had gone. Their routines and habits had continued undisturbed. For example Westel became married.

The irony of that relative to my present condition merits no commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment