Friday, October 7, 2011

Velvet

I have mentioned Velvet before when expounding my view of responsibility. She is a friend, an Elf, who is married and with child. I suspect that she is a warlock although I have never seen her utilize her magic or call a companion. But the scent of it is on her, and her hands bear marks of it.

She is a tailor, inspiring her nickname. She crafted a stuffed animal object for me. It was a small white cat with golden eyes and a black nose, and I was rather fond of it. It has since met with an interesting fate, but that is not relevant here.

Her real name is Vivvienne, and she is married to a man named Talil. I do not like him. From the first time I encountered him, he consistently displayed a lack of respect and regard for her, culminating in his inexcusable absence in recent weeks. He was away for more than a month, though it was soon after their wedding and before her childbirth.

I saw him in Orgrimmar yesterday evening, without her. I greatly desire to censure him, to defame him publically. But I hesitate out of concern for Vivvienne. He is her husband and her choice. I do not know her thoughts.

Before his return, I requested that Whiteclaw make inquiries in to what Velvet requires. She had expressed to me that she was lonely, and that the servants in her household were agitated. However, I expect that she will not approach me for assistance. Nor am I certain what help I could provide that was appropriate. I am not her champion. But neither is her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment