Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sister

This is what the Regent called me. She said that while I may not have undergone the official process of joining, I am in the eyes of many Tribe members a Tribesmate myself.

I do not know what to think of this. For so long I have valued my independence; it was something taken from me and was extremely difficult to restore. But when I claimed to be alone, even Shadowstep argued that I still had family in the Tribe.

If my enemy saw this easily, why do I struggle to acknowledge it? Am I concerned that the interests of the Regent or the Tribe will interfere with my personal ventures? Am I afraid of what they may think of me, or ask me to do? That I will be forced to obey a command?

That I would welcome any directive or authority at all?

Perhaps I am not so different from Mirtai, who grapples daily with the loss of the Master. ----No, that is foolish. I am nothing like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment