Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ambulatory


Through a surrogate I received word that Westlynn had returned from her venture. But when I traveled to where she lay in recovery, she and her male attendant, Tristenne, had both indulged in something narcotic, and I could not receive a coherent conversation.

The next day I returned and the visitor and drugs were not in effect, so more information could be obtained. Her sister has treated her since her arrival. After determining that she was not in imminent danger of collapse, I offered to walk with her about the place. She of course pressed much further than any of her caregivers would have approved.

Attempting the stairs in her state may have exceeded her ambulatory capacity. But she seemed determined to defeat them alone. While this was consistent with her character (particularly of late), I wanted to help. I do not think she noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment