Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Unto Shadow #6 - From Afar


Both Westlynn and Nemeiah I have spoken with at a distance. I am also forced to estimate the passage of time in this realm, as it does not seem to match what the living world experiences. I believe that more time has elapsed there than here. But such speculation is irrelevant.

Westlynn prepares an application to a sort of exploration group, so that she may see the new lands under an official aegis. When it was requested I told her my views of the place and the political turmoil. With the latter I have attempted neutrality, particularly after learning that Westel's wife was thrust into the war for the Horde. This is not for the former Regent though. It would be flora and not forged metal that occupy her there should she be accepted.

She was very curious regarding what this realm's landscape, appearance and conditions are. But I did not think it helpful to describe them in detail, to her disappointment.

Nem waits yet for the Bishop to do his bloody job. She wishes to advance her holy studies and succeed at ordination, but as long as she depends on him for her instruction her progress also relies on him. I have already expressed my opinion thus as well. The rest seems satisfactory - she told me she may even attend a Hallow's End function that she received an invitation for. 

With Nem I felt temptation to tell her more of the realm, unlike with Westlynn. The most that I said though was that it was unpleasant and I did not like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment