Monday, October 1, 2012

Cabin Complete


Work on the cabin is finished and Nathan is settled into it as his new residence. I must boast that it is a fine result. Although it was his experience that I relied on in order to build it. He is satisfied, as are my beloved and I. Although of all of us, Mirtai may be the most visibly enthusiastic.

While being introduced to the place she asked a great number of questions of Nathan, so many that my beloved alerted me to the excess with a rolling of eyes. It required a command to begin a routine (though redundant) chore to remove Mirtai from his room. But that is something to muse on at another time.

I feel accomplished by the cabin’s completion not only because it is a goal achieved, but also it is something that I helped make from nothing. I am designed for destruction, not creation. Perhaps it is silly to be proud of such a modest structure made of wood, metal, paint, and glass. But I do take pride and see it as the first step, the beginning of a larger ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment