Friday, October 19, 2012

Prayer Beads


Again, I say goodbyes for a time. Preparations are close to complete, save for a few matters to settle. I did not know if Westlynn would be about so I wrote a letter to her to describe what was occurring. With Nemeiah though, I was able to chat and give her a small item in person.

To my amazement, she did not protest the proposed journey and offered her mother’s prayer beads to me. The silver charm on it was a gift from me; the original stolen some months ago from her when the beads went missing. She lent the beads to Kruega when he experienced difficulty. They are extremely important to her. She said that it was as near as she could manage to shielding me without harming herself.

I am honored to carry them; though I doubt I will ever be able to hold them in a bare palm.

No comments:

Post a Comment