Thursday, November 29, 2012

Unto Shadow #24 - Our Pain


After gently delivering the news of the Lord’s verdict to my beloved, D.A. confessed to ever more disrupted sleep. This is due to nightmares, which are unfortunately common. I am accustomed to my own but it is another matter entirely to see my beloved struggle with them.

I asked if speaking of the nightmares would assist. D.A. did not describe them in detail but said that there was pain. The pain of others, and those who could not wake. We agreed that remaining “in” for the remainder of the day was wise, to try and catch up on rest for both of us. My mind was occupied already with what I still wished to do, though.

While we spoke, the shadow-servant girl had been working in the room, and quite suddenly exited when I called for her attention. I have since confirmed that it is the same girl that waited on me the last time I stayed here. The reason for her hasty departure became clear when I found the scrawled note she left.

Our pain. Is all that it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment