Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Unto Shadow #23 - Verdict


My rest was interrupted by a summons from the Lord, requesting my presence in his study to speak. He wished me there alone. So to obey, I left behind a worried beloved in the room.

He asked a few more questions surrounding the circumstances of my escape from the realm the last time. I believe I managed to describe those horrific minutes with calm and clarity. But he pressed further on related issues and I became terse. It was the comment I delivered about agonizing screams that seemed to actually impact him. I doubt that was due to general morality, however.

To my surprise he then acknowledged the difficulty of the questions and apologized. Then he offered his conclusion regarding my beloved’s condition. It is caused by the imprisonment and torment during our last time here. Thus, it is not what I thought. To my relief, what I have done has made it more manageable and not worse. 

But this does not resolve the illness. More research and time is required, and I witness in my beloved increasing strain. Yet I will classify this news as progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment